It’s Malice Domestic week! And while I still have a few classes and meetings at Mason between now and leaving for Bethesda, I’m excited about everything ahead—not only the organized activities (see below!) but also the fun times with friends, fellow writers, and fellow fans. And hey, hey, such a thrill to have my story “The Innocent Band” from Edgar and Shamus Go Golden as a finalist for this year’s Agatha Award for Best Short Story—free to read at the Agatha Awards page, linked there along with the other finalists’ stories too!
Here’s where you’ll find me:
- Panel: “Make It Snappy: Our Agatha Best Short Story Nominees,” with Barb Goffman, Cynthia Kuhn, Lisa Q. Mathews, and Richie Narvaez, with moderator Shawn Reilly Simmons • Friday, April 28, 3 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies • Friday, April 28, 5 p.m.
- Agatha Awards Banquet • Saturday, April 29, 7 p.m.
- A Toast to Barb Goffman: A Conversation with Barb Goffman and Art Taylor • Sunday, April 30, 1 p.m.
- Agatha Tea • Sunday, April 30, 2 p.m.
And I just learned I’ll be a guest on the Red Hot Chilli Writers podcast with Vaseem Khan and Abir Mukherjee too! (Hoping I can pull my weight alongside the other guests, Catriona McPherson and Jeff Cohen, a powerhouse pair.)
See everyone soon!