While there are a couple of events coming up in early December—including the Sisters in Crime Author Extravaganza on Saturday, December 7, and the Crime Travel Launch Party on Sunday the 8th, both in Northern Virginia—this past week has brought announcements of two festivals in March 2020 that I’m thrilled to be a part of: the Virginia Festival of the Book in Charlottesville and the High Road Festival of Poetry and Short Fiction in Winston-Salem, NC.
Also planned this past week: the launch party for The Boy Detective & the Summer of ’74 and Other Tales of Suspense—sharing the stage with Amber Sparks, author of And I Do Not Forgive You: Stories and Other Revenges, with Tara Laskowski interviewing each of us—on Saturday, February 29, at One More Page Books in Arlington, VA. Yay!
Here’s a quick run-down of these upcoming events—with more details to come!
Saturday, December 7, 2019
- Author Showcase, Sisters in Crime Chesapeake Chapter, Reston Regional Library, 11925 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston, VA • 1 p.m.
Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Book Launch: Crime Travel, Barnes & Noble, 12193 Fair Lakes Promenade Drive, Fairfax, VA • 1 p.m.
Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Short Story Extravaganza, including the book launch for The Boy Detective & the Summer of ’74 and Other Tales of Suspense, and a conversation with Amber Sparks, author of And I Do Not Forgive You: Stories and Other Revenges, and Tara Laskowski, author of One Night Gone and two short story collections, One More Page Books & More, 2200 N Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA • time tbd
Thursday-Sunday, March 18-22
- Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville, VA
Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Seminar: “Something Is Going to Happen,” High Road Festival of Poetry and Short Fiction, Embassy Suites, 460 North Cherry Street, Winston-Salem, NC • 3:45 p.m.