Fresh off a fun weekend—the Sisters in Crime Author Extravaganza in Ellicott City, MD, and an “in conversation” event with Tara Laskowski at Reads & Company in Phoenixville, PA—I’m now getting prepped for Bouchercon later this week. So much to look forward to ahead!
Tara and I will be trick-or-treating with our son Dash on Halloween, so we’ll be missing the Opening Ceremonies, unfortunately, but keeping fingers crossed for the Macavity Awards that night, with my story “English 398: Fiction Workshop” one of the finalists in the short story category—and then a finalist for the Anthony Awards on Saturday too, but we’ll be there for that!
In fact, once we fly in Friday morning, it’ll be non-stop fun for our time in Dallas! Here’s my official schedule below—with more planned in between times (panels to attend, drinks with friends, conversations in all directions).
- Mystery Writers of America Signing Tables with Meg Gardiner, Tara Laskowski, Susan C. Shea, and Wendy Walker • Friday, November 1, 3:30-4 p.m.
- Speed Dating with Tara Laskowski • Saturday, November 2, 7 a.m.
- Panel: “What’s So Great About Critique Groups?” with Donna Andrews, Ellen Crosby, John Gilstrap, and Alan Orloff • Saturday, November 2, 9:30 a.m.
- Panel: “Anthony Short Story Nominees” with S.A. Cosby, Barb Goffman, Greg Herren, and Holly West • Saturday, November 2, 4 p.m.
- Anthony Awards Presentation • Saturday, November 2, 6 p.m.
Look forward to seeing everyone there!