Thanks to Bouchercon for posting links to all of this year’s finalists for the Anthony Award for Best Short Story. I’m honored to have my own story, “A Necessary Ingredient,” included on this slate and to be among such a fine group of writers, such a fine group of friends.
You can find all the stories linked at Bouchercon’s website, and I’ve pasted them below as well. Happy reading!
- “The Trial of Madame Pelletier” by Susanna Calkins, Malice Domestic 12: Mystery Most Historical: http://www.
- “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” by Jen Conley, Just to Watch Them Die: Crime Fiction Inspired by the Songs of Johnny Cash: https://www.jenconley.
- “My Side of the Matter” by Hilary Davidson, Killing Malmon: https://
- “Whose Wine Is it Anyway” by Barb Goffman, 50 Shades of Cabernet: http://www.
- “The Night They Burned Miss Dixie’s Place” by Debra Goldstein, Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine, May/June 2017: http://www.
debrahgoldstein.com/ otherwritings/night-burned-ms- dixies-place-alfred-hitchcock- mystery-magazine-mayjune-2017/
- “A Necessary Ingredient” by Art Taylor, Coast to Coast: Private Eyes from Sea to Shining Sea: http://www.