With the announcement this week of panels for Bouchercon, I’ve updated my August & September events schedule—and seeing suddenly how busy the next couple of months are going to be, with the Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival and Deadly Ink back to back and then Bouchercon the week immediately after the new semester starts. Whew!
Check out details below, and look forward to seeing so many authors, readers, and friends soon!
Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival, Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, 110 West Finney Avenue, Suffolk, VA • 1-6 p.m.
- VIP Meet & Greet, Taylor Ballroom • Noon-1 p.m.
- Moderator: Interview with Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner, Birdsong Theater • 1-1:50 p.m.
- Author Signings, Art Galleries • 2-6 p.m.
Friday-Sunday, August 10-12, 2018
- Deadly Ink Mystery Conference, Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, 515 US Highway 1 South, Iselin, NJ
- Deadly Ink Academy Workshop: “Brick by Brick: Strategies for Producing a Well-Paced Plot” • Friday, August 10, 1-4 p.m.
- Author Hot Potato—part of welcome and dessert reception • Friday, August 10, 7:30 p.m.
- Panel: “Keeping It Short” with Peggy Ehrhart, Carol Gyzander, Al Tucher, A.J. Sidransky and moderator Jack Getze • Saturday, August 11, 9 a.m.
- Panel: “Pacing: The Making of a ‘Page-Turner’” with R.G. Belsky, Meg Gardiner, James McCrone, Tj O’Connor, and Rich Zahradnik • Saturday, August 11, 11 a.m.
Thursday-Sunday, September 6-9, 2018
- Bouchercon, Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort, 501 5th Avenue NE, St. Petersburg, FL
- Opening Ceremonies, including presentation of Macavity Awards • Thursday, September 6, 6 p.m.
- Panel, as moderator: “Fear Factor: Threatening Family in Thrillers,” with Jordan Harper, Michael Koryta, Karin Slaughter, Wendi Corsi Staub, and Lisa Unger • Friday, September 7, 10 a.m., Majestic
- Panel, as panelist: “Anthony Nominated Short Stories,” with Susanna Calkins, Jen Conley, Hilary Davidson, Barb Goffman, Debra Goldstein, and moderator Tara Laskowski • Friday, September 7, 1 p.m., Royal 1AB & 2AB
- Anthony Awards • Saturday, September 8, 7 p.m.