File this one under “Someday My Blog Will Have a Staff”:
32 Poems is looking for 1-2 extra sets of hands to help us grow.
The 32 Poems intern could help with any of the items below that looks interesting:
- planning readings (best if you live in large metro area);
- creating concept for new renewal postcards (graphic designer would do the actual design work);
- sending out renewal postcards;
- creating concept for new subscription postcards (graphic designer would do the actual design work);
- building or updating website;
- contributing to blog with interesting posts;
- photographing or taking video of 32 poems events;
- reading poems sent in via online system;
- manning 32 Poems table at AWP for a few hours each day;
- inventing interactive ways to engage with people at AWP conference;
- using web 2.0 tools to create community.
If you are already familiar with 32 Poems, you are welcome to suggest an area we need to work on and to explain how your skills would help with that.
Please send a cover letter explaining your experience in 1-2 of the areas above to email@example.com. Please do not send a resume or any attachments at this time. If you know how to make video, you are welcome to make a video explaining your experience. In that case, just send me the link.
Please also put “32 Poems intern” in the subject line, so I can filter the emails to a special folder.
And file this under “I Missed Alan at Politics & Prose, But Now That He’s Reading On Campus…”:
The George Mason University Bookstore is hosting a Faculty Author Event on the lower level of the bookstore on November 18 from 5:30 p.m – 8:30 p.m. The featured faculty authors that evening will be Russell Roberts (author of The Price of Everything: A Parable of Possibility and Prosperity) and Alan Cheuse (author of To Catch the Lightning: A Novel of American Dreaming). Each author will speak and sign books with special time for Q&A.
Russ is scheduled to speak at 5:30 p.m., then Alan is scheduled to speak at 7 p.m. The Mason Bookstore will have titles by each of these authors available for purchase. Light refreshments will be available from 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. All are welcome to attend at any point during the event. Contact Jennifer Nance, 703-993-2665 with any questions.